Powered By Blogger

the Journey of my mind

I cannot write poetry . However,what I write, I cannot call it prose. Whenever I've shown it to someone they said it was poetry. You read and decide then let me know



Sunday 28 February 2010

Benevolence

On and on the clustered paths
Of villages and slummy sights,
Of poverty,strength and harsh reality.......

Children; boys and girls,
Blank, white, bloodless,
Stare with popping pupils.

Protruding bellies.
Dirty, stained knickers.
Brown, unoiled,matted hair.
Faces unwashed,
With marks from last nights dripping saliva .

With rheumy eyes they stare at the man in the bus.
He smiles at them.

Suddenly an act of benevolence.
Something colourful falls.

They run,they gasp,
They bend, they pick up.
They look up .
A smile from the man in the bus.

Six hands pull the packet apart.
They don't know what .
Everything falls on the dusty path.
So What!

They bend,they pick up.
They dust off the dust.
They eat the chips that was thrown to them
From the man in the bus.

Bless the kind soul who looked after the
Children of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment